Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Rehnquist hospitalized

The lead singer for the Supremes has been hospitalized with a fever and other symptoms. Although I emphasize that I would make a competent replacement for the Chief Justice, as well as Justice O'Connor, I actually would prefer to nominate the Hon. David V. Brewer.

I used to work with the guy, and he has a rare combination of wisdom, intellect, and passion for justice that makes him universally respected by litigants in all procedural postures. He has served as a trial court judge, appellate court judge, and last year was named Chief Judge of the Oregon Court of Appeals.

If I were president, it would all be over but Rehnquist's official announcement of retirement.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judge Brewer reads this blog, doesn't he? :)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Derek the Great said...

Nah--he works nonstop. Unless a blog turns out to be evidence in a case, he will never lay eyes on one.

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home