Thursday, September 15, 2005

Countdown

Early yesterday morning, I had just finished placing a green egg and sausage casserole in the oven--you parents know why--when the A-Train stumbled out of bed and lurched toward the kitchen. It was 5 a.m., but he saw opportunity, and he seized it.

"Want to play a game of Uno?"

Well, of course I did. After several games of Uno and one game of Chutes and Ladders, I sent the A-Train to check the timer on the microwave. He read me the digits: "two ... zero ... four ... eight ... seven ... six ... four ... two ...one ... zero ... nine ... seven ... six ...."

I was laughing, but quietly, so that his mom would not wake up.

After slightly more than a minute, he announced: "I think that's enough, Dad," and he returned. "Shall we play again?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an awesome blog! I will come back for sure!

I have a fantasy football advice site. It pretty much covers fantasy football advice related stuff, but has blogs and other cool features.

check it out :-)

11:09 AM  
Blogger Tracy Million Simmons said...

Wow! You ARE superstar dad! I don't even make green eggs for breakfast (but what a good idea... I may steal it).

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home