Sunday, December 04, 2005

Managing expectations

I am pathetic at keeping up with the blog. Stuff happens, I think it would be neat to comment, and then, as I am falling asleep that night, it turns out that I have not actually done so. The next day, the comment is dated and other duties clamor for attention. Before you know it, two weeks of silence have been broadcast, and the guilt is overwhelming.

Some folks would name the issue as laxity; I prefer "careful allocation of scarce resources." Either way, I apologize. I am ashamed for myself and my ancestors.

Alas, I cannot promise that I will change. Perhaps if I were unemployed ... unmarried ... not such a fan of playing with my brother ... or frankly, any of the above, I likely could be counted on. As it is, though, I am doomed to be an infrequent poster at best.

So here it is: Be ready to not see anything. I understand that this may further erode my readership totals from "more than one," but I cannot mislead any (either?) of you that my voice will become more regular here.

Thank you for your time, and again, my apologies.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tracy Million Simmons said...

I understand... still love you... and will continue to look forward to your posts, however infrequent.

~Bubba S-I-L

4:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Checking once a week should suffice
but I'm a addict who checks everyday
and someone in the Simmons link will
have posted!

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Derek. Mom here. On behalf of at least fifty percent of your worthy ancestors, I feel I should protest your including them in your apologies. Not for any good reason, just family loyalties. (The same reason I read your blog.)

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home