Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Partnership track

So when they hear the news that I will be a shareholder, the staff asks "Do we have to be nice to you now?"

No, I answer. I do not see any reason for you to treat me any differently.

My dad asks essentially the same question: "Do we have to bow and scrape before you now that you are a shareholder?"

Yes, I answer. I do not see any reason for you to treat me any differently.

Today, one of my colleagues actually referred to me as his partner in an e-mail to an accountant. I actually felt a thrill, 70 miles away. Apparently, I am easily impressed with myself.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Derek, I also am easily impressed by you. As well a mother should be. I love you. No bowing and scraping, though. I remember you from way back. Before you were a shareholder in anything but Simmonscorp. Hugs.

9:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home