Friday, September 23, 2005

She feels fondly toward me

I occasionally use MSN Messenger, which means that I am subjected to the annoying popup for MSN Today. The really annoying part is that I get sucked into it occasionally.

Yesterday, there was an article (story? column? essay?) about "the two kinds of husbands." The premise is that women either marry James Dean (exciting guy who sets her underwear aflame) or Mr. Rogers (who carefully folds the underwear into origami).

Not being short on ego, I figured that I fit into the best of both categories (I can make her laugh while folding underwear). Because my wife does not read MSN Today, I told her about the article last night. I was halfway through my reasoning--explaining my qualities that tend toward Mr. Rogers--when she interrupted to agree.

"You are pretty consistent," she said. "But I love you anyway."

Smoldering from the backhanded compliment, I determined to prove that I was exciting. I whipped out my new cell phone and played the ring tone that will become my theme song (Espionage). I did not say it aloud, but I was thinking it pretty loud: How's that for exciting, wench?

She just shook her head and kissed me on the cheek. Maybe it is time to get some slippers.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rand Simmons said...

I saw that same article and spent some time thinking about it. I am a husband, not a boyfriend. But if the Missus ever thinks she can do better than me, she is welcome to try.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Tracy Million Simmons said...

I don't care what anyone says... every woman WANTS the husband for the long haul. Put on your slippers and be proud.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home